What is Skin Resurfacing?
Laser skin resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure done to rejuvenate and revitalise the skin. This procedure is performed with lasers; two types of lasers to be specific:
- Ablative lasers
- Non-ablative lasers
Laser skin resurfacing is performed to treat a wide range of skin concerns. This includes the ability to treat fine lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to treat age spots and blemishes which develop over time. Laser skin resurfacing can also treat uneven skin tones and textures, as well as sun-damaged skin and scarring.
The difference between ablative and non-ablative laser skin resurfacing
Ablative lasers work by removing the thin outer layer of skin (epidermis) and heating the underlying skin (dermis). This stimulates the growth of new collagen fibers. As the outer layer of skin heals and regrows, the treated area appears smoother and tighter. Types of ablative treatments include the carbon dioxide (CO2) laser, the erbium laser and combination systems.
On the other hand non-ablative lasers stimulate collagen growth, which over time helps improve skin tone and texture. This approach can be done with various types of lasers as well as intense pulsed light (IPL) devices. While non-ablative laser resurfacing is less invasive and requires less recovery time than ablative lasers, the trade-off is that it is less effective.
Alma Lasers Skin Resurfacing
Alma Lasers has an extensive range of machines and applicators capable of providing quality laser skin resurfacing, both ablative and non-ablative.
- Harmony XL Pro (SE)
- The Harmony XL Pro is a comprehensive multi-application platformthat utilises both ablative and non-ablative laser technology to provide personalised skin resurfacing with minimal downtime.
- Accent Prime
- The Accent Prime uses Ultrasound (US) and Radiofrequency (RF) in a variety of different handpieces to provide customised treatments for effective skin rejuvenation.
- Alma Hybrid
- The gold standard in scar revision, skin resurfacing, and transepidermal drug delivery. Combining three technologies in one, CO2 (10,600nm), Er:Glass (1570nm), and pneumatic ultrasound, for ultimate skin perfection.
- Alma Lasers’ Opus system addresses superficial to complex textural and skin-quality concerns with Fractional Plasma technology which provides skin resurfacing with less downtime and a higher safety profile.
- Femilift/Pixel CO2
- The FemiLift harnesses the power, precision and versatility of CO₂ laser technology to effectively and safely provide laser skin resurfacing treatments.
- The ThermoLift is an advanced workstation for non-invasive anti-aging treatment, such as skin resurfacing, face lifting, skin tightening and eyelid lifting . The platform combines the latest innovations in focused energy radio frequency (RF) technologies to deliver effective, highly customised treatments- with natural, painless, long lasting results.
Learn more about Alma Lasers’ range of laser skin resurfacing treatment machines by getting in touch with our team today!