Congratulations on deciding to explore Soprano laser clinics! Laser hair removal has become one of the most popular aesthetic procedures performed globally in the last two decades.
What makes laser hair removal a smart decision?
Choosing laser hair removal can greatly enhance your life. Whether you are dealing with excessive hair growth or simply want a fresh and smooth look, this treatment can help you achieve your goals. Consider the countless hours you have spent shaving, waxing, and plucking unwanted hair on your body and face. The average American spends 1,286 hours doing so during their lifetime, which equates to more than 50 days of your life. Imagine what you could do with that time instead!
Have you ever felt self-conscious wearing a bathing suit because of the hair on your legs? Or been embarrassed by the hair on your nose or in your pubic area? With the precise technology available on the Soprano laser, you can choose exactly where you want to be smooth and where you prefer natural growth. The treatment is available for areas such as the back, legs, chest, underarms, face, and genitals, and is safe and effective for all skin types. You can enjoy permanent hair reduction and have smooth skin that lasts!
Understanding the Basics of Laser Hair Removal Technology
Laser and IPL hair removal technologies work by pulsing the skin with a strong light beam that targets the melanin in hair follicles, heating them up until they are destroyed. However, traditional methods can be painful and uncomfortable for patients, which is why Alma developed the SHR technology over a decade ago. The Soprano laser devices, which use this technology, employ an “In-Motion” technique that significantly reduces discomfort and provides virtually painless hair removal. This advanced technology has been adopted by many other brands as well.
Choosing a Hair Removal Laser Clinic: Key Considerations
It’s important to choose a hair removal clinic that uses advanced and clinically-proven laser technology, such as Alma’s Soprano laser, which is safe and effective for all skin types, including dark skin. A skilled practitioner who understands the science behind laser hair removal is essential to achieving the desired results without any unnecessary side effects.
It’s also important to keep in mind that the normal hair growth cycle is around 6 weeks for the body and a bit shorter for facial hair. Achieving maximum hair removal results typically requires 6-8 sessions, so be sure to confirm the clinic’s availability prior to purchasing a treatment package. Scheduling sessions too close together (less than 6 weeks apart) or too far apart (more than 8 weeks apart) can negatively impact results.
With these basics in mind, let’s dive into our guide to help you get the best possible laser hair removal experience.
The Soprano Hair Removal Checklist:
Preparing for the laser procedure:
- Physical exam: Before the hair removal treatment, it is important to have a physical exam with a dermatologist or physician. This will help to review your medical history, examine the treatment area, and discuss your expectations.
- Tanning: It is recommended to avoid tanning beds and fake tans for at least 2 weeks prior to the hair removal treatment. Tanning products contain high levels of melanin, and even though the Soprano laser is considered safe for tanned and darker skin types, it is best not to overwhelm your skin.
- Perfumes: Refrain from using irritant substances, such as perfumes, on the treatment area before and after the treatment.
- Waxing, dying, bleaching, and threading: Avoid these hair removal methods before the treatment to increase the chances of achieving permanent hair reduction. Additionally, why bother waxing when you are going for a laser appointment?
- Prior to receiving collagen injections and fillers, please inform the practitioner if you have had any cosmetic injections in the treated area within the last 6 months.
- Certain prescription drugs, such as some antibiotics, may cause hyper-pigmentation and are photo-sensitive. It is important to inform the practitioner if you are taking any such medication. Consult with your physician to determine whether it is safe to proceed with treatment.
- In order to ensure optimal treatment results, it is recommended that you shave the treated area before your laser hair removal appointment. Leaving stubble may cause the hair tips to heat up more quickly during treatment. Additionally, practitioners who use the Soprano laser, especially those who employ the “in motion” technique, will find it more comfortable to work with a shaved area.
- It is standard practice for practitioners to perform a test patch 24 hours before your hair removal treatment to check for any adverse reactions.
- If you have any tattoos within the treatment area, it is important to cover them with tape to prevent burns, as darker tattoos absorb more laser energy due to their special dye.
During and after hair removal treatment at Soprano laser clinics:
- During treatment, the practitioner will provide you with protective glasses. It is essential to wear these to protect your eyes.
- While the Soprano laser hair removal treatment is generally painless, some individuals may experience sensitivity in certain areas. If you experience excessive pain, it is important to notify the practitioner, as they can adjust the energy levels accordingly.
- Treatment time will vary depending on the size of the area being treated. With the new hand-piece on the Soprano Titanium laser, larger areas can be treated in half the time.
- Redness and swelling around the hair follicle are normal and will subside within 24 hours.
- To protect your skin from sun damage, it is recommended that you use a sunscreen with SPF 30/50 on the treated area for at least one week after treatment, particularly if you will be exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.